Bankruptcy & Restructuring Disputes
For decades Shin & Kim’s Bankruptcy and Restructuring Disputes Practice has been advising various stakeholders in disputes relating to rehabilitation, restructuring, composition, bankruptcy and workout procedures. The team works seamlessly with experts in other practice areas to enable it to provide advice that is sensitive to business and financial markets, corporate accounting practices, the latest judicial trends, and government policy directions. This multi-faceted approach makes the Practice one of the best in Korea.
Shin & Kim provides the following services:
- Filing/initiating bankruptcy or rehabilitation proceedings and providing advice during such proceedings.
- Reporting claims and conducting claim confirmation suits in rehabilitation and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Initiating and attending to appeals against various decisions of rehabilitation courts, including decisions to commence rehabilitation proceedings.
- Filing and progressing lawsuits related to workout proceedings jointly managed with creditor financial institutions.
- Advising on disputes for the collection of debts and physical assets from bankrupt companies.
- STX Heavy Industries, Steel & Resources, Green Technology, Iljin LED, KT ENS, ADM21, Ultra Construction Group, Tongyang Group (Tonyang, Toyang International and Tongyang Leisure) successful application for rehabilition.
- Kukje Trading, Kun Young, Korea E&C, Sanbon History, Korea Shipping, Pan Ocean, STX Heavy Industries and Gongyoung Haeun with respect to appeals and application for injunction in relation to rehabilitation proceedings.
- Korea Trade Insurance Corporation and various creditor financial institutions in disputes relating to workout proceedings.
Awards and Rankings
Ranked Tier 1 Law Firm for Restructuring and Insolvency
Litigation Law Firm of the Year
ALB Korea Law Awards 2018
Ranked Highly Recommended Firm for Restructuring and Insolvency
Asialaw Profiles 2013-2016
Firm of the Year: Restructuring and Insolvency
Asian-MENA Counsel 2015
Deal of the Year: SK Networks' Restructuring
IFLR Asia Awards 2004