Shin & Kim has a dedicated Insurance Disputes Practice. Our team of experts has advised clients in disputes in all fields of insurance for many years. To complement this expertise, the team has been active in insurance disputes across various sectors such as finance, construction, marine, healthcare and trade insurance.
Our team has represented clients on the full spectrum of insurance disputes including conventional insurance disputes as well as more complicated disputes involving re-insurance.
The Practice provides advice with respect to the following disputes:
- Insurance benefits, confirmation of nonexistence of insurance liabilities and claims for indemnities.
- Reinsurance and the management of assets by relevant insurance companies.
- Improper sales of insurance.
- New types of insurances, such as bankers' package insurance, construction insurance, directors' liability insurance and professional liability insurance.
- Trade insurances, such as export insurance and export credit guarantees.
- A client in relation to insurance benefits for mobile phone loss coverage between a telecommunication company and an insurer.
- A client in relation to indemnity by an insurer who paid insurance benefits on a loss caused by a fire in a factory located inside an industrial complex.
- A client in relation to insurance benefits for suicide coverage paid by a life insurer.
- A client in relation to a financial institution’s comprehensive insurance benefits scheme.
- A client in relation to the benefits of directors’ and officers’ insurance.
- A client in relation to construction work insurance.
- A client in relation to a claim for guaranteed dividends by a life insurer.
- A client in relation to liability insurance regarding an audit by an accounting firm.
- A client in relation to liability insurance regarding medical malpractice.
- A client in relation to a claim for insurance benefits in connection with a fire at a textile factory.
- A client in relation to a claim for insurance benefits in relation to EFF.
- A client in relation to a claim for a deposit in connection with an export credit guarantee (post-shipment) Clients in disputes regarding a refund guarantee.
- A life insurer in relation to the starting point of recognition of a claim for return insurance benefits notwithstanding the expiry of a statute of limitations.
Awards and Rankings
Litigation Law Firm of the Year
ALB Korea Law Awards 2018
Ranked Tier 1 Law Firm for Dispute Resolution
Asia Pacific Legal500 2015-2018
Ranked Band 1 Law Firm for Dispute Resolution - Litigation
Chambers Asia 2014-2017