Mr. Kyung Ho Kim is a partner at Shin & Kim, who is known for his practical experience gained as a judge handling various cases, including corporate disputes, and white-collar crime cases. Mr. Kim has overseen many large-scale and complex corporate litigations, white-collar crime, family law litigation (e.g., divorce, inheritance, parental rights), construction, real estate and insurance-related disputes, as well as management right disputes, among others.
Since the beginning of his career as a judge at the Seoul Central District Court in 1996, Mr. Kim also served as a judge at the Seoul High Court (Criminal Division for Anti-Corruption and Civil Division for Press), as a research judge at the Supreme Court of Korea, and as a presiding judge at Changwon District Court and Suwon District Court (Presiding Judge for Criminal Division for Anti-Corruption and Civil Division for Construction, respectively). Mr. Kim was also a presiding judge at the Seoul Family Court until February 2014.
- 2002-2003Visiting Scholar, College of William & Mary
- 1986-1991Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2014-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2013Presiding Judge, Seoul Family Court
- 2009-2012Presiding Judge, Suwon District Court
- 2008Presiding Judge, Changwon District Court
- 2006-2007Research Judge, Supreme Court
- 2004-2005Judge, Seoul High Court
- 2003Judge, Chuncheon District Court
- 2000-2002Judge, Wonju Branch, Chuncheon District Court
- 1998-1999Judge, Seoul Eastern District Court
- 1996-1997Judge, Seoul Central District Court
- 1993-1995Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Air Force
- 1991-1993Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Defended a defendant who was accused of violation of the Act on the Aggravated Punishment, etc. of Specific Economic Crime (crime of property moving to foreign country) and obtained a final judgment of acquittal for lawsuit valued at 131.9 billion won.
- Defended an executive of Dongyang Group who was accused of violation of the Act on the Aggravated Punishment, etc. of Specific Economic Crime (fraud) and obtained a final judgment of acquittal for lawsuit valued at 749.6 billion won.
- Handled a lawsuit worth 81.5 billion won regarding mobile carrier’s mobile phone insurance.
- Handled a lawsuit worth 63 billion won regarding MOU and settlement agreement on behalf of a medium-sized construction company.
- Handled a lawsuit worth 45 billion won regarding forged payment guarantee on behalf of a large bank.
- Handled and provided consulting on various lawsuits worth over 5 billion won regarding return of contract deposit, compensation for damage, divorce and inheritance related disputes, etc.