Mr. Sung Geun Kim is a senior partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Kim has been involved in many significant telecommunication related transactions such as investment in mobile businesses and satellite and cable businesses, and engaged in major M&A involving energy (power and gas) sectors. Mr. Kim has also provided legal advice for the Korean government including the Ministry of Information and Communication and the Ministry of Commerce and Energy, and participated in the several government committees in relation to telecommunication, cable and energy sectors.
The telecommunication practice group led by Mr. Kim provide legal advices to major telecommunication (wire and wireless) companies in Korea.
- 1990-1991Georgetown University Law School (LL.M.)
- 1977-1981Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2016-PresentLegal Counsel, Ministry of Science, ICT
- 2015-PresentAuditor, JoongAang Ilbo
- 2010-2018Legal Counsel, Korea Communications Commission
- 2004-2012Member of Market Monitoring Committee, Korea Power Exchange
- 1992Foreign Associate, Wilkie Farr & Gallagher, Washington, D.C.
- 1991-1992Foreign Associate, Arnold & Porter, Washington, D.C.
- 1986-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1983-1986Judge Advocate, Korean Army
- 1981-1983Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- 1991New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- "Energy Sector Restructuring in Korea", IFLR Guide to Energy & Power, 2002
- "Telecom Law review: South Korea", Tarifica Regulator, June 1997
- "Telecommunications in the Republic of Korea", prepared for the 1993 Biennial Computer Law Conference sponsored by Computer Law Association, Inc. and the International Bar Association, 1993
- "Leading Individual" for Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT), Chambers Asia, 2011-2019
- "Recommended Lawyer” for TMT, Legal500, 2014-2016, 2018
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Corporate and M&A, Legal500, 2016, 2018
- “Korea’s Top 100 Lawyers”, Asia Business Law Journal, 2019
- "Market Leading Lawyer" for Corporate/M&A, IT, Teleco & Media, 2018
- "Recommended Individual", Asialaw Profiles, 2012-2017