Mr. Young Jin Ahn is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Ahn ended his 25-year career as judge from 1990 to 2014, retiring as chief judge of the Seoul High Court.
Mr. Ahn was in charge of antitrust related cases as the presiding judge of the Administration 6 Division of the Seoul High Court for two years before his retirement and worked at the Administration 7 Division in charge of antitrust related cases when he served as puisne at the Seoul High Court. As Mr. Ahn was also dispatched to the Fair Trade Commission to work for one and a half years while he served as chief judge of the Seoul Central District Court, he has expertise in all areas of litigation and provision of advice on fair trade-related cases.
As Mr. Ahn handled corporation-related cases when he served as presiding judge of the Corporation Division of the Seoul Central District Court and various corporation-related criminal cases for two years when he served as chief judge of the Seoul High Court in charge of criminal cases, he is able to handle corporation-related civil and/or criminal cases based on his extensive experience.
Mr. Ahn also has expertise in real estate registration-related cases and divorce/inheritance-related cases as he served as court examiner at the National Court Administration, chief judge of the Seoul Family Court and presiding judge of the Family Division of the Busan High Court.
- 2008Korea University School of Law, Department of Fair Trade Law, Research Course
- 1981-1985Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2016-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2014-2016Kim & Chang
- 2010-2014Chief Judge, Seoul High Court
- 2009-2010Chief Judge, Busan High Court
- 2008Chief Judge, Seoul Central District Court
- 2006-2009Dispatched to Fair Trade Commission
- 2004-2008Chief Judge, Seoul Family Court
- 2002-2004Chief Judge, Cheonan Branch, Daejeon District Court
- 1999-2002Judge, Seoul High Court (Discharged due to Concurrent Offices)
- 1998-1999Judge, Seoul High Court (Dispatched to National Court Administration)
- 1997-1998Judge, Seoul District Court / Court Examiner, National Court Administration
- 1994-1997Judge, Chungju Branch, Cheongju District Court
- 1991-1994Judge, Seoul Criminal District Court
- 1990-1991Judge, Northern Branch, Seoul District Court
- 1987Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- “Various Priority Rights,” Notes to Civil Act on Real Right (4), December 2011
- “Litigation of Claim for Cancellation of Registration of Provisional Seizure,” Various Issues in Civil Litigations Volume 11, December 2002
- “Fixture on Unregistrable Land Subject to Compulsory Execution,” Collection of Legal Articles, 27th Issue, December 1996
- "Leading Lawyer" for Antitrust and Competition, Legal Times, 2017, 2019, 2021