Mr. Juneyoung Jang is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Jang specializes in the areas of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT), advising both foreign and domestic clients on TMT and personal information-related matters and disputes.
Mr. Jang gained in-depth knowledge and experience on legal and regulatory issues concerning the information, communication and technology (ICT) sector while working at LG Telecom Co. Further, Mr. Jang held various positions within the Korean government, including his service as the Deputy Director at the Ministry of Information and Communication and working at the Korea Communications Commission (”KCC”).
Since 2011, leveraging his private and public sector experiences, Mr. Jang has handled various advisory services and litigations across the information, communication and technology (ICT) sector.
He has advised various ICT-related government agencies on important initiatives, including serving as a member of the Legal and Regulatory System Division of the National Informatization Strategy Committee under the Presidential Office. Additionally, Mr. Jang has been appointed as a legal advisor of the Ministry of Science and ICT, the KCC, and the Personal Information Protection Commission.
Due to Mr. Jang's deep industry and subject matter expertise, he continues to be invited to participate on various government and industry expert committees. These include member of the Radio Management Advisory Committee of the Central Radio Management Service, member of the Regulation Examination Committee of the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards, among others.
He is widely recognized in the market for his expertise and experience with broadcasting, communication, and personal information management.
- 2012Seoul National University, Broadcasting Communication Legal Policy Course (33rd Expert Legal Research Course)
- 2003Yonsei University, Graduate School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2000Chung-Ang University, Department of Law (LL.B.)
- 2021-PresentPseudonymous information expert in Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA)
- 2021-PresentMember, Personal Information Future Forum
- 2021-PresentIntegrity ombudsman, Institute of Information & Communications Technology Planning and Evaluation (IITP)
- 2021-PresentAdvisory Member, Policy Planning Committee, a presidential advisory body
- 2020-PresentMember, 7th Personal Information Protection Legislation Advisory Committee
- 2020-PresentMember, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy Regulation Repair Working Group Commission
- 2020-2021Member, Presidential Commission on Fourth Industrial Revolution
- 2019-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Personal Information Protection Commission
- 2019-PresentDomestic Broadcasting Program Recognition Advisory Commissioner, Korea Communications Commission
- 2018-PresentCommissioner, Information Disclosure Committee, Korea Communications Commission
- 2018-PresentCommissioner, Self-examination Committee, Korea Communications Commission
- 2018-PresentAuditor, Korea Multi Channel Network Association
- 2018-PresentCommissioner, EBS Viewer Committee
- 2017-PresentExpert Commissioner, Consumer Network for Public Interest
- 2017-PresentRegulation Examiner, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards
- 2017-PresentCommunications Policy Advisory Commissioner, Korea Communications Commission
- 2016-PresentLegal Advisor, Telecommunications Technology Association
- 2016-PresentInformation Protection Industry Dispute Resolution Commissioner, Ministry of Science and ICT
- 2016-PresentK-CINEMA ICT Promotion Bureau, Korean Film Commission
- 2016-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2015-PresentCommissioner, Advertising Examination Division, Internet Newspaper Committee
- 2014-PresentPersonal Information Protection Legislations Advisory Commissioner, Korea Communications Commission
- 2014-PresentRadio Management Advisory Commissioner, Central Radio Management Service
- 2014-2015Expert Commissioner, Media & Future Institute
- 2013-PresentLegal Advisor, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- 2011-2016Bae, Kim & Lee LLC
- 2011-2013Legal and Regulatory System Expert Commissioner, National Informatization Strategy Committee
- 2008Korea Communications Commission
- 2006Ministry of Information and Communication
- 2006Attorney, LG Telecom Co., Ltd.
- 2006Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions
- 2021A citation from the Personal Information Protection Commission (as excellent legal advisor)
- 2018Commendation from Chairman of Korea Communications Commission
- 2015Commendation from Minister of Ministry of Science and ICT
- 2014Commendation from President of National IT Industry Promotion Agency
- 2013Commendation from Chairman of Korea Communications Commission
- Super 50 TMT Lawyers, ALB, 2021
- "Leading Lawyer" for Technology and telecommunications, Asialaw Profiles, 2019-2021
- "Leading Individual" for Technology, Media, Telecoms (TMT), Chambers Asia, 2019-2021
- "Leading Individual” for TMT, Legal500, 2019-2021
- "Recommended Lawyer” for TMT, Legal500, 2018
- "Leading Lawyer" for IT, Legal Times, 2017, 2019