Mr. Junghee Cho is a partner of Shin & Kim and is qualified in Korea and New York. Mr. Cho’s main areas of practice include mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, real estate, data law and technology, fintech and cryptocurrency.
He is leading Shin & Kim’s Digital Technology and Data Law Group and has successfully advised numerous technology based clients, including KT, Google, Kakao, Naver, Upbit and Coupang. He is a co-chair of Blockchain Committee of AMCHAM, and also a member of Blockchain Special Committee and Startup Committee of the Korean Bar Association.
The Korean Bar Association awarded Mr. Cho as a distinguished attorney on February 25, 2019.
- 2009-2010Columbia University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2003-2005Korea University, College of Law, Seoul, Korea (Master of Laws, Degree in Progress)
- 1994-2000Korea University, College of Law, Seoul, Korea (LL.B.)
- 2020-PresentAdvisory Member, Korea Blockchain Association
- 2019-PresentMember, Korean Bar Association’s Unification Issue Research Committee
- 2019-PresentMember, Ministry of Unification’s Regulation Deliberation Committee
- 2019-PresentMember, Korea Consumer Agency’s Advertising Monitoring Advisory Committee
- 2017-PresentMember, Start-up Regulatory Innovation Special Committee, Korean Bar Association
- 2017-2018Member, International Committee, Seoul Bar Association
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2005-2009Evergreen Law Group
- 2004Supreme Prosecutors' Office; Preparation and Planning Team of International Association of Prosecutors (“IAP”) 9th Annual Conference in Seoul
- 2003-2005Public-Service Judge Advocate, Supreme Prosecutors' Office
- 2002Public-Service Judge Advocate, Korea Legal Aid Corporation
- 2000-2002Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- 2012New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Death accident of Tesla autopilot and its implications (Monthly "EV Magazine" Vol. 02, August 2020)