Ms. Hyun-Jeong Ahn is a partner at Shin & Kim. Ms. Ahn’s main areas of practice include antitrust, privacy & data protection, legislative & government affairs, and general corporate matters.
With respect to the antitrust area, Ms. Ahn has provided counsel on a broad spectrum of regulation issues, including holding company & business group policy, unfair support, unfair trade practices, cartels, merger control, franchise transactions, subcontracts, terms and conditions, labeling and advertisements. Also, Ms. Ahn actively represents clients in fair trade related litigations as well as investigation, deliberation and mediation procedures of the Fair Trade Commission and Korea Fair Trade Mediation Agency.
With respect to the privacy & data protection area, her main works focus on the Personal Information Protection Act, the Act on Information and Communications Network, the Location Data Protection Act, and the Credit Information Act. She provides advice to the relevant institutions, such as the Personal Information Protection Commission, the Korea Communications Commission, and the Korea Internet & Security Agency.
Further, as a member of Shin & Kim’s legislative & government affairs group, she actively engages in legislative advice and government policy proposal, response to National Assembly audits/inspections, and provides advice to the Korean National Assembly on its administration and business. Ms. Ahn also provides advice on general corporate matters.
- 2016New York University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2012Seoul National University, College of Law, Legal Research Course on Competition Law
- 2009China University of Political Science and Law, Course of Chinese Law
- 2006Seoul National University, College of Law, Seoul, Korea (LL.B.)
- 2023-PresentMember, Information-Disclosure Deliberation Committee, Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service (HIRA)
- 2023-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Korea Institute of Robotics & Technology Convergence
- 2023-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Korea Real Estate Board
- 2023-PresentAdvisory Counsel, KAIST
- 2022-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Korea Creative Content Agency
- 2022-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Climate Change Center
- 2022-PresentAdvisory Counsel, Korea Internet & Security Agency
- 2022-PresentLegal Advisor, National Assembly Secretariat
- 2017.7-2017.12Secondment in Han Sung Motor, Mercedes-Benz’s largest dealer in Korea
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2008-2010Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Excessive Concentration of Economic Power
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Antitrust Disputes
- Competition Compliance Programs
- Unfair Trade Practice
- Merger Filings
- Subcontracting & Franchising
- Labeling & Advertising · Terms & Conditions
- Digital Technology & Data Law
- Legislative and Government Affairs