Mr. Jin-Ho Jeong is a senior partner at Shin & Kim, and is presently a member of the management committee.
Mr. Jeong served as a chief judge in various urban and regional courts from around 1994 to 2010, and handled various civil and criminal cases related to securities & finance, corporations, real estate, provisional disposition cases such as injunctions, as well as cases involving warrants, family issues, and enforcement affairs.
After joining Shin & Kim in 2010, he has been responsible for significant civil and criminal cases for major companies, and has particularly excelled in various civil cases involving securities & finance, hostile M&A, real estate, constructions, and provisional disposition cases, as well as corporate crimes (e.g., white collar crimes, violation of the Capital Markets Act), family affairs (e.g., property division and inheritance) and trade secrets (e.g., infringement of trade secrets, disclosures).
Legal500, a renowned global legal directory, recognized Mr. Jeong as a Recommended Lawyer in the Dispute Resolution sector.
- 1987-1989Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law (LL.M. in Commercial Law Studies, 1989)
- 1983-1987Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B., 1987)
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2009-2010Chief Judge, Seoul Dongbu District Court
- 2006-2009Chief Judge, Euijungbu District Court
- 2005-2006Judge, Seoul Central District Court (researching judge)
- 2003-2005Judge, Seoul High Court
- 2001-2003Judge, Seoul District Court, Nambu Branch
- 1998-2001Judge, Suwon District Court, Yeoju Branch
- 1996-1998Judge, Busan District Court
- 1994-1996Judge, Busan District Court, Ulsan Branch
- 1991-1994Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 1991Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
Korean, English, Japanese
- "Study of the Use of Overseas Investment Insurance for the Resolution of Expropriation Disputes: Focusing on OPIC.", an LL.M. thesis
- "Keun-Mortgage Rights and Registration thereof under the Proposed Amendment to the Civil Code: in Comparison with the Keun-Mortgage System in Japan.", A judicial research paper
- "Suspension, Restriction and Cancellation of Execution.", Trial Practice Research (2), Civil Execution Litigation, Korea Judicial Administration Society, 2008
- "Liability for Compensation for Damages due to Unreasonable Provisional Execution." , Trial Practice Research (2), Civil Execution Litigation, Korea Judicial Administration Society, 2008
- Court Practice Guidebook, Real Estate Execution
- Writ or Warrant Guidebook
- "Several Practical Issues Related to Arrest Warrants"
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Dispute Resolution, Legal500, 2018-2020