Mr. Jeong is a partner at Shin & Kim. From March of 1994 to February of 2003, he served as a judge at various local district courts in Korea. He served as a judge at Seoul High Court from March of 2003 to February of 2005, as a chief judge at Euijungbu District Court from March of 2006 to February of 2009, and as a chief judge at Seoul Dongbu District Court from March of 2009 to February of 2010.
During his service at Seoul High Court, where he was assigned to the Appeals and Family Departments, he handled various securities, finance and real estate cases, and preliminary injunction cases to determine temporary status related to corporations, as well as family cases. At Euijungbu District Court, he served as a chief judge exclusively responsible for the issuance of writs or warrants, handling various writ or warrant cases and criminals cases; as a presiding judge for the collegiate civil court (in respect of medical and labor cases), handling various civil cases; and as a presiding judge for the collegiate family court, handling various family cases. At Seoul Dongbu District Court, he served as a chief judge exclusively responsible for the issuance of writs or warrants, handling various writ or warrant cases and criminal cases; and as a presiding judge for the appeals department for civil cases, handling various civil cases on appeal.
Also, he served as a subcommittee member or administrator for the Civil Execution Law Research Group within the court, conducting research on execution and preservation dispositions (provisional attachment and preliminary injunction decisions), which led to the publication of the papers detailed below.
- 1987-1989Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law (LL.M. in Commercial Law Studies, 1989)
- 1983-1987Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B., 1987)
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2009-2010Chief Judge, Seoul Dongbu District Court
- 2006-2009Chief Judge, Euijungbu District Court
- 2005-2006Judge, Seoul Central District Court (researching judge)
- 2003-2005Judge, Seoul High Court
- 2001-2003Judge, Seoul District Court, Nambu Branch
- 1998-2001Judge, Suwon District Court, Yeoju Branch
- 1996-1998Judge, Busan District Court
- 1994-1996Judge, Busan District Court, Ulsan Branch
- 1991-1994Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 1991Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
Korean, English, Japanese
- "Study of the Use of Overseas Investment Insurance for the Resolution of Expropriation Disputes: Focusing on OPIC.", an LL.M. thesis
- "Keun-Mortgage Rights and Registration thereof under the Proposed Amendment to the Civil Code: in Comparison with the Keun-Mortgage System in Japan.", A judicial research paper
- "Suspension, Restriction and Cancellation of Execution.", Trial Practice Research (2), Civil Execution Litigation, Korea Judicial Administration Society, 2008
- "Liability for Compensation for Damages due to Unreasonable Provisional Execution." , Trial Practice Research (2), Civil Execution Litigation, Korea Judicial Administration Society, 2008
- Court Practice Guidebook, Real Estate Execution
- Writ or Warrant Guidebook
- "Several Practical Issues Related to Arrest Warrants"
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Dispute Resolution, Legal500, 2018-2020