Mr. Ghyo-Sun Park is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Park focuses on commercial litigation including intellectual property, product liability, mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance, international arbitration, construction and real estate.
Mr. Park has been involved in many significant patent infringement cases and product liability cases including first Korean Tobacco Litigation. He has also provided legal advise to SBS, one of the premier private broadcasting station and KBL, one of the popular professional sports entity. Mr. Park serves as a member of Advisory Committee for Intellectual Property Rights of the Korea Trade Commission.
- 1996-1997U. C. Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, CA, U.S.A. (LL.M.)
- 1982-1986Seoul National University, College of Law, Seoul, Korea (LL.B.)
- 2012-2018Member, E-Commerce Mediation Committee, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- 2012-2014.2Director, Korean Bar Association
- 2008-PresentMember, Advisory Committee on Intellectual Property Rights, Korea Trade Commission, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- 2002-PresentLegal Counsel, Seoul Broadcasting System
- 2000-2004Legal Counsel, Korean Intellectual Property Office
- 2000-2016Legal Counsel, Korean Basketball League
- 1996-PresentLegal Counsel, ETRI
- 1999Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garett & Dunner, Washington, D.C.
- 1998Associate, Morrison & Foerster, Palo Alto, U. S. A.
- 1991-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1991Judical Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- 1997New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- "Leading Individual" for Dispute Resolution: Litigation, Chambers Global/Chambers Asia, 2012-2020
- "Leading Individual" for Intellectual Property, Chambers Global/Chambers Asia, 2011-2020
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Dispute Resolution, Legal500, 2020
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Intellectual Property, Legal500, 2014, 2019-2020
- "Leading Individual” for Intellectual Property, Legal500, 2015-2018
- “Korea’s Top 100 Lawyers”, Asia Business Law Journal, 2019
- "Leading Lawyer" for Intellectual Property, Legal Times, 2017, 2019