Compared with last year’s standings, Shin & Kim advised on the second highest number of M&A deals in the first half of 2019 in South Korea, up from the #3 position in 1H 2018.
According to Bloomberg, 654 deals were announced in the Korean M&A market in 1H 2019, worth approx. USD 33.2 billion. As principal, Shin & Kim advised on 39 deals, worth approx. USD 7.64 billion.
Among the firm’s notable representations include:
- Acquisition of Momentive Performance Materials, a U.S.-based silicone manufacturer, by a KCC Corporation-led consortium worth approx. USD 2.9 billion, which was the largest M&A deal in the first half of 2019 in Korea;
- CJ CheilJedang’s USD $1.84 billion acquisition of U.S. frozen food producer, Schwan’s Company;
- Sale of its USD 800 million stake in Paju Energy Services by SK E&S, a major Korean gas & power company;
- German industrial gases group Linde’s sale of its shares in Linde Korea, the country’s fifth largest industrial gas producer, for USD 1.2 billion to South Korean private equity firm IMM;
- Acquisition of Lotte Card by a consortium of private equity firm MBK Partners and Woori Bank for USD 1.16 billion;
- Merger of South Korea's top mobile carrier SK Telecom with the country’s No. 2 cable TV operator, t-broad.
世宗ニュース 法務法人世宗 板橋分所の開設及び開所式2018.06.20