Mr. Youngsam Lee is a partner at Shin & Kim in the Litigation Department. Mr. Lee’s practice focuses on litigation and dispute resolution relating to securities disputes, finance disputes, trust disputes, telecommunications disputes, intellectual property litigation and product liability disputes. Mr. Lee has represented in litigation numerous leading companies in Korea including Shinhan Bank, Woori Bank, Standard Chartered Bank Korea, Woori Investment & Securities, Kyobo Securities, Meritz Securities, Korea Real Estate Investment & Trust and KT&G.
Mr. Lee served as a mediator of criminal cases for the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office, and a member of the special committee on regulatory reform and legislative advancement, an affiliate of the Korea Communications Commission.
- 2010-2011University of Washington School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1987-1995Seoul National University, College of Social Science (B.A. in Economics)
- 2015-2017Member, Stock Blind Trust Examination Committee, Ministry of Personnel Management
- 2009-2011Member, the Special Committee on Regulatory Reform and Legislative Advancement, an affiliate of the Korea Communications Commission
- 2007-2011Mediator, Criminal cases for the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office
- 2007-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2002-2006LAWTEC, Seoul, Korea
- 2000-2002Shin & Kim LLC
- 1998-2000Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
Korean, English, Japanese
- An Interpretation and Application of Fiduciary Duties in Korean Law (2011)
- Review of Various Issues of the Act on Protection of Communicated Secrets of Japan (Judicial Research & Training Institute, the Supreme Court of Korea)
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Insurance, Legal500, 2018