Mr. Jae Woo Im is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Im’s practice focuses on cross-border investments, private equity investment, joint ventures, M&A, general corporate transactions and real estate development.
Mr. Im has been involved in numerous significant M&A transactions, joint ventures and private equity investments. Mr. Im has also been heavily involved in city development and real estate development projects. Mr. Im has advised major Korean and foreign clients on general corporate matters and corporate governance issues. Most recently, he has successfully completed Kumho Asiana Group’s acquisition of Korea Express and Macquarie fund’s acquisition of C&M. Mr. Im was also an adjunct instructor at the Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court, where he taught courses in contract law and joint ventures.
- 1996University of Washington, School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1986Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 1996-1997Foreign Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Los Angeles
- 1990-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1988-1990Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- 1997New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Korean, English, Chinese
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Corporate and M&A, Legal500, 2020
- "Leading Lawyer" for Corporate and M&A, Legal Times, 2017, 2019