Mr. Mu Young Yu is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Yu’s practice focuses on securities, financial litigation and consulting, management rights disputes, de-listing, unfair transaction-related criminal cases, and trust & estates legal consulting and litigations.
Over the years, Mr. Yu has developed a wide range of experience and expertise in disputes relating to various financial instruments and financial derivatives transactions, shareholders of listed companies and management rights, consulting on de-listing, and cases relating to provisional dispositions. In addition, Mr. Yu has successfully advised and defended against various unfair transaction-related criminal cases, such as price manipulation, unfair transactions, as well as trust & estates-related matters.
- 2016University of Southern California Gould School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2007Hanyang University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2018-PresentExternal Examiner, Police Mutual Aid Association
- 2009-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2007-2009Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Consulting on/litigations related to management rights disputes.
- Provisional disposition/consulting on delisting of listed companies on KOSDAQ
- Litigation related to nullification of comprehensive share exchange/claims for stock purchase price between Korea Exchange Bank and KEB Hana Bank
- Litigation related to nullification of comprehensive share exchange/claims for stock purchase price between Toray Chemical and Toray Advanced Materials
- Litigation related to breaches of representations and warranties clause for M&A
- Case related to Hyundai Securities’ violation of the Capital Markets Act regarding ELW
- Case of unfair transaction under the Capital Markets Act (price manipulation, etc.)
- Case of compensation of damage caused by false record of securities report
- Consulting on/litigations related to trust on behalf of multiple trust companies in Korea