Mr. Hae Sung Jeong is a partner at Shin & Kim, with his area of practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, private equity as well as major corporate litigations involving leveraged buy-outs and corporate governance matters. He worked as a full-time visiting lawyer at GS Energy, a diversified holding company of GS Group, one of the biggest Korean conglomerates, advising on its numerous acquisitions and divestitures. He also worked at New York office of Sullivan & Cromwell LLP as a Visiting Lawyer.
He also has vast experience in representing major car manufacturers related to Korean automotive regulation issues.
He has represented many international and domestic private equity firms, as well as Korean conglomerates in a wide range of M&A transactions and regulatory matters. His recent clients include SK Group, POSCO Group, GS Group, KDB Financial Group, among many others.
- 2016Stanford Law School (LL.M.)
- 2004Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2016-2017Visiting Lawyer, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP (New York Office)
- 2014Visiting Lawyer, GS Energy
- 2009-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2006-2009Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 2004-2006Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Practical Law – Cross-border Private Company Acquisitions – Korea chapter (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Practical Law – Cross-border Joint-Ventures – Korea chapter (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- "Leading Individual" for Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global/Chambers Asia, 2020
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Corporate and M&A, Legal500, 2020
- "Leading Lawyer" for Corporate/M&A, Asialaw Profiles, 2018, 2019
- "Leading Lawyer" for Corporate, Legal Times, 2020