Mr. Kwang Jo Song had served as public official in tax field for 30 years since 1984 after passing the 27th Public Administration Examination.
He had worked on tax administration at National Tax Service (NTS) for his entire career except for three years in which he worked on the establishment of tax policies in Tax Bureau in the former Ministry of Finance and another three years as Director General cooperating with the U.S. IRS at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States of America.
He has accumulated a diverse range of work experience and knowledge in planning and executing tax investigation at NTS while serving as Director of Investigation Planning Division, Director General of Investigation Bureau, Director General of Investigation Division 1 at NTS Seoul Regional Office, etc. Currently he is providing advice on corporate tax issues as senior advisor at Shin & Kim.
- 1994University of Michigan (M.A. in Economics)
- 1984Seoul National University (B.A. in Economics)
- 2019-PresentSenior Advisor, Shin & Kim LLC
- 2016-2018Senior Advisor, Bae, Kim & Lee LLC
- 2014-2015President, Tax Generation Tax Service Corp.
- 2013Commissioner (Grade 1), NTS Seoul Regional Office
- 2012Inspector General, National Tax Service
- 2011Commissioner, NTS Busan Regional Office
- 2010Director General, Investigation Bureau, National Tax Service
- 2009Director General (Senior Executive), NTS Seoul Regional Office
- 2008Administrative Officer, Office of the Senior Secretary for Civil Affairs, Cheongwadae
- 2006-2007Director, Investigation Planning Division, National Tax Service
- 2005Secretary to Commissioner, National Tax Service
- 2003-2004Director, Public Relations Division, National Tax Service
- 1999-2002Director General for Tax, Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the United States of America (Washington D.C.)
- 1984-1998Deputy Director, National Tax Service, Ministry of Finance
- 1983Passed the 27th Public Administration Examination
- Korean Association of Certified Public Tax Accountants