Kelly J. Lee is a senior foreign attorney at Shin & Kim. Ms. Lee advises major domestic and international clients on corporate and regulatory matters, particularly focusing on regulatory issues in the automotive & mobility sector. She has guided various automotive and parts manufacturers, as well as mobility businesses, through the complex regulatory environment in Korea, including with respect to safety and emissions related matters. She supported her clients through crisis management to successfully resolve challenges in investigations and compliance. She continues to advise clients on legal and regulatory aspects of new industry trends, including EVs, connected cars and autonomous vehicles.
In addition, Ms. Lee has broad ranging transactional law experience. She has acted for investors and governmental agencies in a wide range of sectors, including real property, infrastructure, energy, automotive, media, and transport across a number of jurisdictions around the world. As part of her extensive experience in M&As and foreign investments, Ms. Lee has been engaged in many high-profile cross-border transactions and has advised PEFs, multinational enterprises, and Korean conglomerates.
- 2008Boston University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- 2003Yonsei Graduate School of International Studies (M.I.B., International Business, 2003)
- 2000Ewha Woman’s University (B.A., English/French Language and Literature, 2000)
- 2011-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2009-2011Legal Counsel, KT Corporation, Seoul, Korea
- 2004-2005Consultant, Valmore Partners, Seoul, Korea
- 2009New York
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association