Mr. Chang-Bok Hur is a senior counsel at Shin & Kim. Mr. Hur’s practice focuses on banking and finance, securities, M&A, restructurings, investment trusts, derivative products, project finance, private equity fund and Japan related matters.
Mr. Hur has extensive experience with a wide variety of public and private M&A transactions. Recent M&A transactions include representation of a foreign consortium in connection with its acquisition of Korea Life Insurance and representation of Halla Group in its merger with Mando Machinery. Mr. Hur also has extensive experience with cross-border financial transactions, securities transactions and private equity fund. Recent transactions include representation of Nike, Inc. in the first tender offer and going private transaction in Korea for Samna Sports; and representation of foreign underwriters in the first concurrent dual listing for LG Philips LCD.
Mr. Hur also specializes in project financings. He has recently represented sponsor companies in the Incheon Airport Expressway Project.
- 1989University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M.)
- 1980Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law
- 1978Seoul National University, College of Law (B.A.)
- 2009-2016Member, Dispute Arbitration Committee, Financial Supervisory Service
- 2008-2012Member, Listing Committee of Stock Market, Korea Exchange
- 1998-2001Liquidator, Saehan Merchant Banking Corporation for International Information
- 1997-1999Legal Counsel, Incheon Metropolitan City
- 1995-PresentArbitrator, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board
- 1994-2004Member, Supervisory Committee of Korea Stock Exchange
- 1989-1990Foreign Legal Consultant, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, U. S. A.
- 1984-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1981-1984Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 1979-1981Judicial Research & Training Institute, the Supreme Court of Korea
- 1989New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Securities Law Association
Korean, English, Japanese
- Legal issues relating to KIKO litigations, Center for Free Enterprise CFE Report (2009)