Mr. Lee is a partner at Shin & Kim, with extensive experience in the corporate sector, including fair transactions, M&A, real estate, Digital Technology, etc.
He has been particularly dedicated in various issues in the overall anti-trust laws and overall laws and regulations related to fair transactions. With a strength in presenting compelling arguments, he attended and presented in more than fifty cases of deliberation, mediation hearings of the Fair Trade Commission and the Korea Fair Trade Mediation Agency, which are the frontmost line in anti-trust practice.
Further, with an excellent grasp of the English language, his work extended to ICC and other multiple international commercial arbitration cases. He worked in one of U.S.’s top tier corporate litigation lawfirm, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LA branch as an International Associate, and participated in various cases including the Samsung-Apple case, etc. thus acquired even further experience in the overall U.S. litigation practice, including depositions, e-discovery, trials, etc. Based on this experience, he served as the director of international committee 1 at the Korean Bar Association, and the Seoul Bar Association.
As a result of his works, he was nominated multiple times as a leading lawyer in renowned legal journals and in-house attorney surveys, in various sectors, including international trade, international arbitration, corporate law, etc.
- 2012-2013UCLA School of Law (Visiting Jurist)
- 2011-2012Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 2012)
- 2009Seoul National University, College of Law, Legal Research Course on Advancement of Competition Law
- 2003Columbia University Law School, Course of International Trade Law
- 1996-2001Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B., 2001)
- 2007-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2020-PresentCommissioner, Advisor Disciplinary Committee, Foreign Laws, Ministry of Justice
- 2019-PresentAdvisory Commissioner, International Law, Ministry of Justice
- 2019-2021Director of International Committee 1, Korean Bar Association
- 2018-2019Director of International Committee 1, Seoul Bar Association
- 2012-2013International Associate, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LA Office
- 2004-2007Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 2002-2004Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- 2014New York
- Korean Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- [Column] Two Facets of Monopoly (Asia Today, July 2021)
- “Global Competition” translated (2014) (Written by David J. Gerber)
- "Leading Lawyer" for Corporate and M&A, Legal Times, 2021
- "Leading Lawyer" for Corporate, Legal Times, 2020
- "Leading Lawyer" for Antitrust and Competition, Legal Times, 2019, 2022-2023
- “Best Lawyer” for Antitrust and Competition, Hankyung Business, 2018-2019
- “Best Lawyer” for Antitrust and Competition, Lawtimes, 2018, 2020
- "Leading Lawyer" for International Arbitration, Legal Times, 2017