Mr. Su-Yong Jung is a partner at Shin & Kim. His main areas of practice include advisory services related to the environment and energy, M&A and general corporate legal matters.
He joined Shin & Kim in 2002, when he started his attorney service, and accumulated professional expertise in energy and telecommunications, environment related regulations, offshore IPP project investment and construction, overseas resources development and M&A of energy related companies.
Most importantly, Mr. Jung strives to provide legal advice that provides practical solutions in the perspective of clients, and provides advice on the full spectrum of energy related projects, from the very early stage until the closure of facilities, on all kinds of legal issues that may arise in the course of construction and operation. Further, Mr. Jung operates a strategic and efficient team consisting of top-tier professionals for his projects to attain the best results satisfactory to the clients.
- 2009Duke University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 1999Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2011, 2015Member, Examination Committee for Renewal of Permission of CATV System Operator, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- 2009Passed the New York Bar Examination
- 2002-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2000-2002Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Korea Chapter in Chambers Alternative Energy & Power 2020 Guide, Chambers & Partners, 2020 (Co-authored)
- Outline of Corporation Act (III) – Part of "Acquisition and Disposal of Treasury Shares” (Korea Commercial Law Association, Beobmoonsa, 2013)
- Status of Use of FIDIC by Korean Companies, and Matters Requiring Attention, Spring Academic Seminar of Korea International Trade Law Association, May 2013 (Co-authored)
- Diversification of Class Stocks under the Amended Commercial Act (co-author, BFL 51st Issue, January 2012)
- Serial writer, “Digital Medians” monthly magazine (2011. 6 - Present)
- "Leading Lawyer" for Energy, Infrastructure, Asialaw Profiles, 2019-2024
- "Leading Lawyer" for M&A, IFLR1000, 2019-2023
- "Leading Lawyer" for Project Development, IFLR1000, 2020-2023
- "Leading Lawyer" for Technology and telecommunications, IFLR1000, 2023
- "Leading Individual" for Projects and Energy, Chambers Asia, 2018-2023
- "Recommended Lawyer" for TMT, Legal500, 2017, 2019