Mr. Hyung-Cheol Rho is a tax attorney of tax part at Shin & Kim. Mr. Rho’s main areas of practice include tax laws and tax administration.
Mr. Rho passed the 22nd Higher Civil Service Examination for Public Administration in 1978 and served as a government officer before starting to practice at Shin & Kim in 2006 and then worked for the Ministry of Finance & Economy (MOFE) and the National Tax Service (NTS) as Director, Director General, and Superintendent of tax offices for 27 years. He worked for tax policies planning, enacting and amending of tax laws, handling of tax revenue and tax appeals, and judging tax litigation at the National Tax Tribunal (NTT).
Especially, he has various experiences and extensive knowledge on corporation tax laws and international taxation.
- 2002-2003The University of Washington, Law School (Tax LL.M.)
- 1984-1985Seoul National University, Graduate School of Public Administration (Master of Public Administration)
- 1976-1980Young-Nam University, College of Law and Politics (B.A. in Public Administration )
- 2017-PresentRepresentative Tax Accountant, Shin & Kim LLC
- 2009-2017Senior Advisor and Tax Accountant, Shin & Kim LLC
- 2011-2015Lecturer, Yonsei University, Graduate School of Law
- 2011-2014Member, Tax Development Deliberation Committee, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- 2009-2014Tax Advisor, Ticket Monster, EXCO, Samsung Securities, etc.
- 2009-2014Advisor, Korean Medical Association
- 2009-2014Member, National Tax Rules Deliberation Committee, Ministry of Strategy and Finance
- 2009-2011Adjunct Professor, Hongik University, Graduate School of Business, Department of Tax
- 2006-2009Certified Public Tax Attorney, SJ Tax Firm of Shin & Kim LLC
- 2005-2006Judge of the National Tax Tribunal
- 2004-2005Director General of the Joong-bu Regional Quarter of NTS (In charge of managing of tax revenue, tax appeals and services)
- 2004-2004Director General, Tax System Office of the Ministry of Finance and Economy
- 2002-2004Visiting Scholar at the Asian Law Center, University of Washington
- 2001-2002Chief of the Tax Policy Section (buisagwan-level officer), Tax System Department, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- 2000-2001Director of the corporation taxation division, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- 1999-2000Director of the tax expenditure budget division, Ministry of Finance and Economy
- 1997-1998Studying at the Graduate School of National Defense
- 1996-1997Superintendent of Choong-ju Tax Office
- 1994-1995Superintendent of Jang-hang Tax office
- 1991-1994Deputy Director of the tax policy division, Ministry of Finance (In charge of tax policies planning and managing of national tax revenue)
- 1985-1994Deputy Director of Tax Policy Division, Income Tax Division, and Corporation Tax Division (Ministry of Finance & Economy)
- 1984-1985Investigator of the National Tax Tribunal
- 1980-1983Director in the general affairs division of Yung-joo Tax Office and In-cheon Tax Office
- 1978Passed the 22nd Higher Civil Service Examination for Public Administration
- Korean Association of Certified Public Tax Accountants 
- Comprehensive Explanation of Tax Law, Gwanggyo Etax, March 2014