Ms. Kyung Hwa Moon is a partner at Shin & Kim.
Ms. Moon’s main areas of practice include advising clients on investment funds transactions, structured financing transactions, mergers and acquisition transactions involving financial institutions, credit finance and derivatives transactions.
Ms. Moon has advised domestic and overseas financial institutions, corporations and government organizations in a wide range of financial transactions, including domestic and international fund transactions, asset-backed securitization transactions, real estate acquisition finance and other structured finance transactions. Ms. Moon has also been involved in a variety of mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions.
- 2012Seoul National University, School of Law (Ph.D., Coursework)
- 2005Stanford Law School, USA (LL.M.)
- 1993-1998Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2000-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1998-2000Judicial Research & Training Institute, the Supreme Court of Korea
- 2006New York
- Korean Bar Association; New York State Bar Association
- A closer look at investment due diligence in South Korea and the K-Taxonomy (IFLR ESG Asia Report, 2022)
- Korea Chapter in Banking Regulation 2021 - Chambers Global Practice Guide, December 2020
- Recent Regulatory Developments regarding ABS in Korea (Korean Business Law, 2012)
- New OTC derivative product approval(IFLR1000 2011 Edition, November 2010)
- Korean Securities Law Association, Commentary to Capital Markets Act, Investment Company Section, Investment Limited Partnership Section, October 2009
- "Stand-out Lawyer", Thomson Reuters, 2022-2023
- "Leading Lawyer" for Banking and Finance, IFLR1000, 2023
- "Leading Lawyer" for Securities and Finance, Legal Times, 2019, 2021-2023
- “Leading Lawyer” for Capital Markets, Who's Who Legal, 2021-2023
- "Leading Individual" for Banking and Finance, Chambers Global/Chambers Asia, 2014