Stephanie H. Kim is a senior foreign attorney in the corporate practice at Shin & Kim. Stephanie has extensive experience representing international corporate clients in a wide range of commercial transactions, with a particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. Stephanie’s practice also extends to venture capital investments, debt and equity offerings, securities regulations, corporate governance and general corporate advisement.
Stephanie accumulated experience through her corporate and M&A practices at leading American law firms such as Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and as a key member of the M&A practice at Shin & Kim, maintains close relationships with many domestic and overseas companies by acting as the lead advisor on major cross-border transactions of the firm.
Areas of Expertise
- 2013-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2012Contract Associate, Morrison & Foerster, LLP (via HireCounsel), San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2009-2012Founder, Dekkori, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2005-2008Associate, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Palo Alto & San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2004Summer Associate, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Represented Kakao Entertainment in its receipt of investment from Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and Singapore’s Pwarp Investment
- Represented IMM Credit & Solutions Inc. in its investment in KT Cloud
- Represented SK E&S in its receipt of investment from KKR
- Represented SK materials in its JV with US battery materials startup Group14 Technologies
- Represented Kidari Studio and Lezhin Entertainment in their receipt of investment from ByteDance
- Represented Baring PEA in its sales of Logen Co., Ltd.
- Represented SK ecoplant Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of 100% of the Shares in Clenko Co., Ltd.
- Represented Kakao Entertainment in its acquisition of Radish media, a USA-based mobile app
- Represented Kakao in the merger between Kakao Page and Kakao M
- Represented Kakao in its sale of shares in Kakao bank to TPG and Anchor Equity Partners
- Represented Market Kurly in its receipt of investment from DST, Aspex and Sequoia
- Represented Koscom in its acquisition of HSBC Fund Services Korea
- Represented SK discovery, SK E&C, Huvis in their sale of shares in TSK Corporation
- Represented KB Kookmin Card in its acquisition of shares in J Fintech, a Thailand-based consumer financing company
- Represented Hansol Paper and Mirae Asset Daewoo Hunters Private Equity Fund in their sale of Hansol Denmark ApS (a Danish company) and R+S Group GmbH (a German company)
- Represented SK ecoplant in its JV with Bloom Energy
- Represented SKC in its sale of chemical business to Petrochemical Industries Company K.S.C.(PIC) with the deal value of USD 458 million
- Represented Mirae Asset PE Consortium in its sale of International Coffee & Tea, LLC to Jollibee Foods Corporation and Viet Thai International Joint Stock Company
- Represented SK Telecom in its e-sports JV with Comcast group
- Represented Linde Group (Germany and USA) in its divestiture of Linde Korea (largest M&A transaction in the industrial gas sector in Korean history)
- Represented SK E&S in the sale of its 49% stake in Paju Energy Services to Gen Plus B.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of Electricity Generating Plc of Thailand (EGCO)
- Represented Hanjin Heavy Industries & Construction Holdings in its sale of Hacor, Inc. to Ourhome
- Represented CJ CheilJedang Corporation in its sale of CJ HealthCare to Korea Kolmar Co., Ltd.
- Represented Korea Investment & Securities Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of PT. Danpac Sekuritas, an Indonesian Brokerage firm
- Represented TTI, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway company, in its acquisition of CHANGNAM I.N.T.
- Represented SK Holdings in its sale of shares in SK Encarsales.com to Carsales Holdings
- Represented Kakao Corp. in its sale of shares in Kakao Pay to Alipay
- Represented SKC in the acquisition of shares of SKC Haas from Dow Chemical
- Represented DP World in its acquisition of shares in Pusan Newport Company
- Represented GE in its sale of Hyundai Capital Services
- Represented Apro Financial Group in its acquisition of Bank Dinar of Indonesia
- Represented Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation in its sale of shares in Woori Bank
- Represented Orion in its JVC establishment with Delfi, an Indonesian food company
- Represented Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical in its joint venture with OTTO Pharmaceuticals of Indonesia
- Represented ORIX CORPORATION in the sale of its shares in Hyundai Logistics
- Represented Woori PE in its sale of UP Chemical to Shekoy Korea.
- Represented CJ Group in its participation for the acquisition of Coway Co., Ltd.
- Represented Apro Financial Group in its acquisition of Citi Capital Korea
- Represented Affinity Equity Partners in its bid participation for the acquisition of Homeplus
- Represented Erae CS in its acquisition of Korea Delphi Automotive Systems Corporation
- Represented Dongwon Systems Corporation in its acquisition of Ardagh Metal Packaging American Samoa Inc.
- Represented Hansol Paper in its acquisition of Telrol B.V., the Netherlands company
- Represented Bain Capital in its bid participation for the acquisition of ADT Caps
- Represented Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation in its sale of Kyongnam Bank and Kwangju Bank
- Represented Mirae Asset Financial Group, in its acquisition of (together with Advent International Corporation, CDIB Capital) International Coffee & Tea (Coffee Bean)
- 2005Santa Clara University, School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- 1999University of California at Berkeley (B.A. in Political Science and Mass Communications, 1999)
- California Bar Association
- "Leading Individual" for Corporate/M&A, Chambers Asia, 2024
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Corporate and M&A, Legal500, 2020
Deals & Cases Sale of CJ HealthCare2018.02.21