Mr. Ho-Seog Hwang is a partner of Shin & Kim and is qualified in Korea. Mr. Hwang’s main areas of practice include domestic and cross-border asset-backed securitization and other structured finance, real estate financing, restructurings, investment trusts, derivative products and project finance.
Mr. Hwang leads the structured finance and securitization practice at Shin & Kim. Mr. Hwang has been at the forefront of securitization in Korea, advising domestic and international clients with innovative structuring advice.
- 2000University of Virginia Law School (LL.M.)
- 1988Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2011-2016Member, Editorial Board of Business Finance & Law, Center for Financial Law, Seoul National University
- 2011-2013Committee member, Global Sub-Committee of the Financial Development Review Committee (Financial Services Commission)
- 2000-2001Foreign Legal Consultant, Simmons & Simmons, Hong Kong
- 1994-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 1991-1994Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Navy
- 1989-1991Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
Korean, English, Japanese
- “10 Years-Retrospect and Prospect of Asset Securitization” in “Status and Tasks of Asset Securitization”, Finance Law Center, Seoul National University
- Parts of Articles 188 to 193 and 207 to 212 of Explanatory Note II of the Financial Investment Services and Capital Market Act, Korean Securities Law Association
- "Leading Lawyer” for Banking and Finance, IFLR1000, 2011-2019
- "Leading Lawyer" for Securities and Finance, Legal Times, 2019