Mr. Daniel Woojin Chang, a former New York State and New York City prosecutor for approximately five years, is a foreign attorney at Shin & Kim who primarily concentrates on international dispute and cross-border criminal matters. While as an assistant attorney general at the New York State Attorney General’s Office, Mr. Chang was part of the Criminal Enforcement and Financial Crimes Bureau where he handled intensive investigation for major bank frauds involving international money laundering. Mr. Chang also worked at the Trial Bureau of the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office as an assistant district attorney prosecuting hundreds of violent and non-violent felony cases in all stages from intake and grand jury to disposition.
Mr. Chang received his B.A. in English from University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and J.D. from State University of New York at Buffalo Law School. During law school, Mr. Chang worked as an international trade research assistant.
- 2014State University of New York at Buffalo Law School (J.D.)
- 2010University of Michigan (B.A., English)
- 2020-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2017-2020Assistant District Attorney, Trial Bureau 1, Red Zone, New York City Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office
- 2016-2017Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Enforcement & Financial Crimes Bureau, New York State Attorney General’s Office
- 2014-2015Associate Intern, Litigation, Yoon & Kim LLP
- 2013-2014Legal Research Assistant, International Trade, Professor Meredith K. Lewis
- 2017New York
- New York State Bar Association