Robert C. Young is a senior foreign attorney of Shin & Kim and has been a foreign attorney in Seoul, Korea since January of 1998. Robert specializes in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, real estate and general corporate matters.
As a result of his broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and foreign investments, he has been engaged in many high-profile cross-border transactions, leveraged buyouts, restructuring M&As, joint ventures and alliances. Robert also has assisted private equity funds (onshore and offshore) and venture capital with establishment, investments, operations and eventual listing or strategic sale.
Robert has extensive experience in real estate, having advised numerous foreign and domestic clients with structuring, acquisitions, financing and operations for existing commercial, retail and hotel properties and development projects.
As part of his practice and focus on foreign clients and foreign investments, Robert provides comprehensive assistance and advice on general corporate matters, such as establishment of subsidiaries and branch offices, labor, fair trade and intellectual properties.
Robert graduated from University of California, Hastings College of Law and is a member of the California and Hawaii bars.
- 1992-1995University of California, Hastings College of Law (J.D.)
- 1986-1991University of Hawaii (B.A. Finance, 1991)
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2006-2009Senior Foreign Legal Consultant, Evergreen Law Group, Seoul, Korea
- 1998-2006Shin & Kim LLC
- 1996-1997Law Clerk, The Supreme Court of Hawaii
- Hawaii Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Fifth Edition, Law Business Research, 2016 (Co-authored)
- Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Fourth Edition, Law Business Research, 2015 (Co-authored)
- Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Third Edition, Law Business Research, 2014 (Co-authored)
- Korea Chapter in The Real Estate Law Review, Second Edition, Law Business Research, 2013 (Co-authored)
- "Leading Individual" for Real Estate, Chambers Asia, 2012-2021
- "Leading Lawyer" for Real estate, Asialaw Profiles, 2015- 2021
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Real Estate, Legal500, 2014, 2016-2018
- "Leading Lawyer" for Construction and Real Estate, Legal Times, 2017, 2019