Ms. Soo Young Song is a partner at Shin & Kim. Ms. Song’s main areas of practice include Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), laws on financial institutions including the Financial Investment Services and Capital Market Act, ship finance, domestic and cross-border asset backed securitization and other structured finance, sale and purchase of non-performing assets, real estate finance, acquisition finance, cross-border project finance, energy related advisory services, merger and acquisition between financial institutions, insurance, derivatives transactions, and litigations involving inheritance issues and financial institutions.
Ms. Song advised various domestic and overseas financial institutions on loan documents, fund related contracts, and financial institution related laws. Ms. Song also provided advice on licensing, registering and reporting of financial institutions. She has also been involved in various ship financing transactions and overseas project finance transactions involving the Korea Export-Import Bank of Korea and Korea Trade Insurance Corporation. In addition, she also successfully completed a number of domestic and overseas asset securitization and other structured finance transactions on behalf of Citibank Korea and Korea Development Bank.
Based on the working experiences at Samsung Securities research center as an associate analyzing insurance, credit card and brokerage industries for two years since 2003, her knowledge gained for two years since 2016 during the Executive MBA course at Seoul National University and her understating of clients’ business in various fields, Ms. Song provides legal advice for corporate clients in various industries ranging from start-up companies to public enterprises as well as financial sector.
- 2016-2018Seoul National University, Graduate School of Business, Master of Business Administration (Executive MBA)
- 2014Seoul National University, College of Law, Completed legal research course on finance and securities law (specialized on Financial Investment Services and Capital Market Act)
- 2005-2008Seoul National University, College of Law (LL.B., 2008)
- 1999-2003Seoul National University, School of Arts and Science (B.A. in French language and literature, 2003)
- 1999-2003Seoul National University, College of Business Administration (B.A., 2003)
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2008-2010Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- 2003-2004Associate, Samsung Securities
- Korean Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants 
Korean, English, French
- “Best Lawyer” for ESG, Lawtimes, 2022
- "Leading Lawyer" for Securities and Finance, Legal Times, 2021