E-Discovery & Digital Forensics
As the scope of corporate activities continues to expand and the types of businesses diversify, the related legal risks have continued to increase simultaneously. Hence, the implementation of internal compliance monitoring systems have become essential for companies. Shin & Kim is greatly aware of such issues and has extensive experience in advising local and multinational companies on compliance matters and implementing internal compliance systems suitable to the specific needs of each client. Shin & Kim’s Criminal Defense team is staffed with attorneys and professionals who have market-leading criminal defense expertise and industry experience. From former regulatory officials and enforcement authorities to former judges, the Criminal Defense team has a wealth of experience that allows the team to devise effective defense strategies in high-pressure situations.
Shin & Kim’s Criminal Defense team also includes group of professionals who have significant experience and expertise in the field of digital forensics. Digital forensic experts at Shin & Kim consist of former prosecutors and police investigators who have critical experience in analyzing and evaluating evidence. Shin & Kim’s Criminal Defense team is also well-prepared to provide strategic and tactical legal advice on e-Discovery. The team has collaborated with various independent expert companies in conducting e-Discovery on behalf of clients.
Shin & Kim offers the following services related to e-Discovery and digital forensics:
- Advising companies in developing effective monitoring and control systems and conducting internal audits
- Conducting internal investigations of corporate management, board of directors, regional management, and global management
- Conducting internal investigations and analysis of internal corporation documents obtained by digital forensics
- Conducting internal investigations and analysis of computers to confirm infringements of trade secrets/industrial technology
- Advice to a multinational credit rating agency on the establishment of an anti-corruption compliance system
- Advice to a multinational auto parts manufacturer on the establishment of an anti-corruption compliance system
- Internal investigation of a multinational company in a pharmaceutical kickback case
- Internal investigation of a multinational company in machine and equipment manufacturing industry
- Internal investigation of a Korean paper manufacturing company in an embezzlement case