Mr. Soo Kyun Lee is a partner at Shin & Kim. Mr. Soo Kyun Lee’s main practice areas include M&A transactions, private equity transactions, corporate governance, and conglomerate regulatory matters. Mr. Soo Kyun Lee has extensive experience representing domestic and international corporations in many notable M&A transactions. Mr. Soo Kyun Lee also gained experience in high profile hostile takeover litigation and disputes, and advised on shareholders’ disputes during his time at Kobre & Kim.
Mr. Soo Kyun Lee is licensed to practice law in Korea and is also fluent in English. With such Korean law expertise and English language capabilities, he is well prepared to handle the needs of foreign clients operating in Korea.
- 2016Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2011Legal Research Course for Antitrust Law, Sookmyung Women’s University
- 2008Seoul National University, Graduate School of Law (LL.M. coursework completed)
- 2003Yonsei University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2016-2017Secondment to Kobre & Kim, New York Office
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2012Secondment to GE Capital
- 2007-2010Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Navy
- 2005-2007Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Public Disclosure System related to Corporate Governance, BFL Vol. 97, September 2019 (co-authored)
- Restrictions on transfer of shares in Shareholders Agreement, BFL Vol. 88, March 2018 (co-authored)
- Shareholders Agreement, BFL Series 13, May 2017 (co-authored)
- Issues Relating to Shareholders Agreement – Mainly From a Drafting Point of View, BFL Vol. 67, September 2014 (co-authored)