Ms. Jiwon Kang is a partner at Shin & Kim. Ms. Kang’s main areas of practice include general corporate transactions, inbound and outbound M&A transactions, and corporate governance related areas.
Ms. Kang has provided general corporate advice to many significant domestic and international corporations and participated in major M&A deals. Ms. Kang also worked as an international associate at Shearman & Sterling’s bay area office and is a member of the Korean and New York bar association.
- 2017Berkeley Law School (Visiting Scholar)
- 2012Stanford Law School, Stanford, CA, USA (LL.M.)
- 1998-2003Yonsei University, College of Law (LL.B.)
- 2005-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2018Director of International Affairs, Korean Bar Association
- 2012-2013International Associate, Shearman & Sterling, Bay Area Office
- 2008Secondment in GE Capital Korea
- 2003-2005Judicial Research & Training Institute, the Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- "Recommended Lawyer” for Corporate and M&A, Legal500, 2020
- “Leading Lawyer” for M&A, IFLR1000, 2019-2021