Mr. Jae-Wook Ryu is a partner at Shin & Kim whose practice primarily focuses on project and energy, environment, automotive, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters.
He has performed various practices on renewable energy matters (such as solar power, wind power, and fuel cells), environmental matters (such as waste, environmental pollution, chemical substance and household chemical products), and automotive matters (such as exhaust gas certification and self-certification).
Mr. Ryu graduated from the College of Engineering at Seoul National University, worked as IT developer at the biggest search engine company in Korea. He also studied abroad at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the USA.
- 2017University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2016University of Southern California (USC) School of Law (Visiting Scholar)
- 2007Seoul National University, College of Engineering (B.E.)
- 2014-PresentAuditor, Crevisse Partners Inc.
- 2010-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2010-PresentMember of Advisory Committee, eCareer Co., Ltd.
- 2010-2013Commissioner of Legal Committee, Crevisse Partners Inc.
- 2008-2010Judicial Research & Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea
- 2002-2004Searching Development Division, NHN Inc
- Korean Bar Association
Energy - New Renewable Energy
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to onshore and offshore wind power generation
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to onshore, offshore and building-integrated photovoltaic plants
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to fuel battery development projects
- Small generation aggregator projects
- ESS projects
Energy – Hydrogen Project
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to gas supply facilities
- Installation of hydrogen charging stations within gas stations
Energy – Gas Project
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to urban gas businesses
- Direct import for the relevant importer’s own consumption
Energy - Others
- Matters related to community energy systems
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to the landfill and incineration of waste and recycling businesses
- Any and all matters related to the construction and operation of general power plants, such as LNG and thermal power generation
- Investment in offshore mining claims
- Environmental laws, i.e. the Clean Air Conservation Act, Water Environment Conservation Act and the Soil Environment Conservation Act
- Act on the Integrated Control of Pollutant-discharging Facilities
- Registration and management of chemicals
- Household chemical products and biocidal substances
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Matters related to emissions trading, including REDD+ and CDM projects
- Audit on the compliance with environmental laws
- Legal due diligence, M&A and other matters related to waste treatment businesses
- Regulation on vehicle exhaust emissions
- “Leading Lawyer” for Project Development, IFLR1000, 2022