Mr. Joongil Cho is a partner at Shin & Kim’s Corporate/M&A Group. His main area of practice include mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate governance. He have advised on major M&A transactions in the IT industry. He has also served as a senior legal counsel at Samsung Electronics. He worked at Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg & Co. (GKH) in Israel, where he advised on investments in start-ups.
- 2016-2017Duke University School of Law (LL.M.)
- 2000-2008Konkuk University, College of Law, Seoul, Korea (LL.B.)
- 2013.5-PresentShin & Kim LLC
- 2017-2018International Associate, Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg & Co. (GKH), Israel
- 2013-2015Member, Review Committee for National Tax Appeal, Dongdaemun District Tax Office
- 2012.7-2013.4Senior Legal Counsel, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- 2010-2012.6Shin & Kim LLC
- 2007-2010Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army
- 2005-2007Judicial Research & Training Institute, Supreme Court of Korea
- Korean Bar Association
- Realities and concerns of legislation related to personal mobility, Monthly "EV Magazine" Vol. 03, September 2020
- Review of the Current Regulation on Intragroup Transactions and Recommendations to Improve the Regulatory Framework, Law Review Vol. IV, December 2013 (Co-authored)
- “Legal Issues on Corporate Spin-off”, BFL Series 8, Center for Financial Law, Seoul National University, 2013 (Co-authored)
- “Corporate Spin-off and Treatment of Security Interests”, BFL (bimonthly periodical published by Center for Financial Law of Seoul National University) Vol. 49, 2011 (Co-authored)
- 2019Commendation from the Minister of Justice (Ministerial Commendation for Strengthening SMEs’ Competitiveness)